In-House International Tax Manager
Brand new tax opportunity to work with a market leading business
Fast growth buiness and lots of autonomy
About Our Client
This is an industry leading business in the IT / Technology sector with headquarters based in Chester. Their aim is to proactively drive business value through informed and insightful decision making. They have an engaged finance team who have an excellent reputation for supporting their staff in a collaborative environment.
As In-house International Tax Manager, you will be responsible for, but not restricted to:
- Overseeing the management of direct and indirect tax services in compliance with country laws. The Group operates tax registrations in legal entities across the UK, USA and Asia Pacific.
- Legally minimising tax liabilities and the Group's overall effective tax rate
- Responsible for accounting for income taxes at Group level and in the international subsidiaries
- Identify and mitigate tax risks
- Improve processes by developing or implementing best practices and robust controls for tax returns & reporting
- Optimise the in-house vs outsourced mix of taxation activities with our external tax advisors.
- Work with external advisors to manage the tax due diligence process during M&A activity.
- Manage the relationship with HMRC and all other in-country tax authorities
- Build relationships and interact with key stakeholders
The Successful Applicant
The successful in-house International Tax Manager will have the following:
* Qualified accountant (Either ACA or CTA)
* Experience of working in a tax role, including exposure to international tax
* Strong technical skills, excellent knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns
* Proficient interaction and influencing capabilities across all levels of the organisation, including dealing with non-technical people
* Planning and co-ordination skills, with experience of leading and successfully delivering tax related projects
* Attention to detail but remain strategically focused on the "big-picture"
* Results focused, able to consistently deliver to a high standard
* Resilient working under pressure to achieve desired results
* Able to work equally as effectively as part of a team or on an individual basis
* Ability to interpret and advise on complex tax legislation
What's on Offer
£65,000 - £75,000 + bonus + range of other exciting benefits