- Opportunity to join and work alongside and established and reputable tax team
- Varied and exciting position
About Our Client
A global manufacturing and production business based in the Wirral / Chester area.
As In House International Tax Manager, you will cover responsibility for the territories in which the business has significant operations in the region, being primarily US, Canada & Brazil. The role will work alongside the EMEA & ASPAC Group Tax Manager and will report directly to the Group's Head of Tax & Treasury.
You will be supported in this role by the in-house Tax Assistant, together with external advisers in role in the relevant jurisdictions. You will also be working closely with the finance teams located across our sites in the region and with our Group Finance team located in the UK.
As In House International Tax Manager, you will be responsible for all corporate income tax matters relating to the Americas region, including:
- Country-level income tax compliance - overseeing the corporate tax compliance process across the region through relationships with external advisers and local business teams. This will include assisting in the oversight and central co-ordination and consolidation of corporate tax risks arising from tax issues and audits.
- Maintaining good relationships with local tax advisers and tax authorities, and managing tax audits, together with the local business finance teams and advisers.
- Managing reporting under US GAAP in respect of both quarter end and year-end financial reporting, including ensuring processes are appropriate and in line with our SOx obligations.
- Advising and making recommendations in respect of transfer pricing issues, including supporting in the documentation, maintenance and oversight of compliance. This will include the central control and co-ordination of transfer pricing documentation for the Americas region.
- Managing tax service providers, including keeping costs within Budget.
- Assisting the Head of Tax & Treasury with advisory projects including M&A, financing, restructuring and appropriate tax planning, implementation of the Group's tax strategy and providing advice to the business as needed.
The Successful Applicant
As a significant proportion of the group's operations are US based, a US tax technical knowledge is required.
In addition, an understanding of the tax treatment of foreign operations for US tax purposes would be highly desirable, particularly an understanding of the revised rules following US Tax Reform.
Basic knowledge of state and local taxes is desirable but not a pre-requisite for the role.
They are seeking an In House International Tax Manager with initiative and drive who will quickly get to grips with the responsibilities of the role and its tax technical aspects.
- Chartered Accounting (ACA), Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) or equivalent - US tax qualifications such as CPA are desirable but not essential based on having relevant experience
- Minimum of 4 years post qualified experience, with strong tax skills and significant exposure to International Tax, and in particular, US tax. This can be from practice or a previous in-house role
- Experience of US GAAP tax accounting for group reporting
- Strong organisational and communication skills and the ability to effectively drive projects forward
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Commercially minded
What's on Offer
£65,000 - £80,000 + car allowance + up to 30% bonus + a range of other benefits