- Exciting opportunity to join a global FTSE listed business
- Joining a growing division, opportunity for progression
About Our Client
My client is an in-house global FTSE listed business, specialising int he automotive and manufacturing sector.
As In-House Legal Counsel you will be responsible for advising the business in respect of Financial Services regulation and ensuring compliance in areas involving activities regulated by the FCA. As the global strategy develops within Financial Services and Insurance, this role will support and influence that strategic direction on the basis of the regulatory and risk landscape.
Day to day duties will involve:
- Focusing on a broad range of commercial contracts matters and working closely with global partners which include banks and insurance and software providers.
- Corporate matters such as incorporations, joint ventures and partnerships
- Data sharing agreements.
- Negotiating and influencing senior management and other stakeholders
- Working on projects involving the wider business.
- Ensuring compliance with Financial Services and Insurance regulation in order to protect the interests of the company
- Supporting and advising on regulatory investigations and enforcement actions.
- Supporting the development of the division's strategy with advice on the regulatory landscape
- Implementing a governance structure for FCA regulated activities to include reporting, complaints handling and investigations
- Ensuring proper implementation of the Senior Managers Regime legislation from the FCA
- Applying working knowledge of FCA requirements, best practices and industry knowledge in all interactions internally and externally
- Developing and rolling-out training to the business
- Managing external legal counsel and project budgets
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role you will be:
- A UK qualified solicitor specialising in either Commercial or Regulatory Lawyer
- Have experience advising financial institutions on regulatory, risk management and compliance issues.
- Strong commercial acumen
- Excellent communication skills and able to work well in a team environment
- Ability to appropriately challenge the business when needed.
- Ability to creatively identify and mitigate risks for the business
- Be able to provide legal advice covering multiple jurisdictions, consider impact to business and provide creative and pragmatic solutions and advice in relation to strategic decisions
- Ideally have had some in-house experience, but we will consider strong private practice candidates.
What's on Offer
Excellent remuneration and package along with the potential to grow and develop in this division.