- Working for an amazing global PLC
- FTSE listed business
About Our Client
A global business headquartered in the West Midlands, with presence in the UK & Ireland, US, Europe and Middle East.
For the In-House legal Counsel position we are looking for a UK qualified solicitor with 3+ years' PQE, with legal skills in commercial contract drafting and negotiation and, preferably, experience of public procurement.
The day to day role will include:
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of commercial and IT contracts, including:
- Sales and marketing partnership and agency contracts
- Goods and services supply contracts, including supporting the UK procurement team on large scale procurement projects.
- IT systems and services contracts, including SaaS, Cloud services, development, IT outsourcing and new technology solutions.
- B2B and possibly B2C contracts
- Work closely with the business supporting bids and tenders for provision of our services in a wide range of sectors, including:
- Reviewing tender documents, raising clarificatquestions, and ensuring compliance with bid timetable and instructions.
- Assessing and advising on the risk profile of new contracts
- Working with multiple business stakeholders to obtain relevant input to the bidding process and ensure a clear understanding of bid and contract requirements.
- Assisting with contract compliance.
- Providing ad-hoc legal advice on a wide range of issues, including:
- Anti-trust issues
- Consumer law questions
- Data protection matters
- Provide support to the Deputy Head of UK Legal in:
- Reporting / tracking significant legal matters
- Ensuring compliance with Group delegated authorities and protocols.
- Managing the relationships with our UK legal panel of external solicitors.
- Work with our UK businesses to improve business standards and reduce risk, including by:
- Drafting and assisting in the implementation of new policies and procedures
- Providing legal updates and training to the business.
- As the business continues to grow and diversify, there is also the opportunity to support M&A activity.
The Successful Applicant
- England and Wales qualified solicitor with 3+ years' PQE
- Have come from a private practice background or in-house
- Sound contract law knowledge, particularly drafting and negotiating commercial and IT contracts.
- Experience with procurement law including competitive tender processes conducted pursuant to public procurement regulations and/or anti-trust matters.
- High attention to detail, sharp legal analytical and pragmatic problem-solving skills.
- Real commercial awareness of the context in which legal advice/assistance is given/received.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to influence and advise.
What's on Offer
- Excellent package and remuneration
- Joining a FTSE listed business
- Stability and opportunity for development
- Great breadth and quality of work and an amazing platform for negotiations.
- Lots of responsibility, support and exposure, especially with exciting new business streams.