- Great in-house role in Hereford, very flexible
- Exciting sector with a global reach
About Our Client
My client is a specialist in the telecommunications sector and has a global network of clients. The In-House Legal Counsel position would report into the Head of Legal and would be required on site ideally 2 days a week.
- Reviewing, drafting, amending and/or negotiating commercial contracts including without limitation NDA's, Supply/Purchase/Distribution/Re-seller arrangements, IP Licences in line with commercial objectives and targets.
- Assisting the tendering process and in-service projects by providing legal advice, guidance and support.
- Assisting with Company-wide compliance with necessary and relevant regulatory and compliance initiatives through working with third party specialist service providers and reporting progress and highlighting issues raised by these third parties.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of improvements to Company Legal Framework in order to meet the Company's Commercial & Financial Strategy and Direction.
- Work with the HR Manager by providing legal advice and guidance relating to employment contracts and associated HR issues (via third party legal advisers if necessary).
- Reviewing, proposing and contributing to commercial policies and procedures.
- Providing as necessary legal and corporate advice to Company Directors (via third party legal advisers if necessary).
- Co-ordinating, monitoring and managing work provided by third party legal advisors (as necessary).
- Assisting in promoting Legal and Commercial awareness to colleagues and educating key members of staff on commercial policy and procedure.
- Providing legal and commercial advice for bid work.
- Undertaking and being responsible for legal and commercial due diligence activities.
The Successful Applicant
You must have the following skills and criteria to be considered for this role:
- UK qualified solicitor or barrister
- Previously worked in-house and have a specialism in commercial contracts.
- Have strong commercial acumen and a can-do attitude.
- Strong at partnering with the business and various stakeholders, solutions driven
- able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritise work effectively.
- Strong communication skills and ability to push back on the business appropriately when necessary.
- Friendly and approachable personality
- Works well as a team
What's on Offer
Excellent remuneration, flexibility and joining a business with great people and culture.