- Global FTSE listed business
- Joining an excellent team
About Our Client
My client is a highly renowned business based in the Midlands region, specialising in property.
The Group Legal function is evolving and a dedicated Dispute Resolution Hub is being established. As part of that, the need for a disputes & litigation lawyer dedicated to supporting customer matters has arisen. The overall purpose of the role will be to provide clear and effective legal advice and support to the business on customer dispute and litigation matters (with or without support of external law firms, as appropriate).
- Provision of efficient, effective, credible and balanced legal support and advice to the business
- Proactive contribution to enhancing the operations of the Customer Matters Legal Support Team, including delivery of the Customer Matters Improvement Plan, so as to best align its activities and operations with the evolving needs of the business
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with Group Customer Care, the business and external law firms
- Supporting the business' transition to meet the requirements of the New Homes Quality Code (NHQC) and the New Homes Ombudsman Service and, thereafter, guiding the actions and decisions of the business to maintain compliance.
- Establishing and maintaining robust policies, practices and procedures deployed by the Customer Matters Legal Support Team to promote early resolution and minimise risk
- Contributing to performance reporting on customer dispute and litigation matters to the Deputy and Group Head of Legal and the Executive to agreed timescales and level of detail
- Implementing training and guidance across the business on "Lessons Learned" to promote continuous improvement and best practice case management
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for a proactive and commercially minded experienced Litigation Lawyer, capable of managing a diverse workload, not only focused on reactive advice and guidance but also proactive engagement with the business to promote early resolution and continuous improvement.
This role will be covering a maternity leave and requires an experienced litigation solicitor, who will join a collaborative and supportive team. The role would suit candidates that have previously had in-house experience.The successful candidate should:
- Be customer-centric
- Be strong team player
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Be capable of advising in a commercial context
- Be capable of managing a varied caseload whilst also working collaboratively with colleagues on more complex/high value customer dispute and litigation matters
- Cope well with challenging and competing deadlines and demonstrate resilience and ability to prioritise
- A willingness to learn and contribute to the success of the Customer Matters Legal Support Team and the wider Group Legal team as a whole.
What's on Offer
A great opportunity to join an exceptional legal team and work for a plc.