In house opportunity - Legal Counsel- Global Logistics Business
In house opportunity - Legal Counsel - Global Logistics Business - West London
Generalist commercial position - exclusive instruction from repeat client
About Our Client
Our client is one of the world's largest logistics organisations with offices throughout the world.
The main responsibilities under this role will be to:
- Review and provide advice on legal and commercial issues in new contracts with customers and suppliers - Assessing the risks within contracts and whether such risks are reasonable and within corporate guidelines. Communicate these risks to ensure that they are understood
- Assist in negotiating new contracts with customers and/or suppliers - make decisions on the acceptability or otherwise of legal and commercial risks, devise and present strategies to customers which result in customers agreeing to legal and commercial risks
- Ensure Governance policies and procedures are followed and interpreted in accordance with local laws and regulations and to provide advice on the impact of such laws and regulations on the business
- Provide interpretation and advice of existing contracts where disputes have arisen. Advise on strategies for effective dispute resolution, on the legal merits of an actual or potential claim, what legal remedies are available to resolve the dispute and the merits or otherwise of the various option (this will involve working internally to understand who is best placed to provide information/advice relating to an issue and then co-ordinating this information in negotiations with customers/suppliers)
- Dealing with claims issued against the business. This includes assessing the merits or otherwise of the claim and providing advice on how to deal with the claim to ensure the best possible result for the business.
- Providing general legal advice to all areas of the business which can include advising on employment, IT, procurement
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate is likely:
- to be a Qualified Solicitor (PQE 1-4 years) with experience in Corporate / Commercial law
- to have experience of a broad range of commercial transactions and legal matters preferably with experience of cross border and international transaction
- Knowledge of the logistics industry is preferable with an ability to provide commercially focused advice and solutions
- Experience of dealing with outsourcing transactions including agreements dealing with transfer of assets, key performance indicators and the transfer of employees through the application of the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006.
- Ideally, experience of dealing with freight forwarding (sea freight, air freight, overland, integrated logistics and multimodal) as well as a good working knowledge of all the international conventions and standard trading conditions
What's on Offer
Competitive salary + car allowance + bonus + high level work