- Are you a Corporate Paralegal with c. 6-12 months in Practice or In-house?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to build your career and qualify in-house?
About Our Client
My client is an FCA regulated intermediary which provides access to comprehensive and innovative growth funding solutions to publicly listed and private companies across a range of sectors. With their extensive industry knowledge and experience they pride themselves in creating win-win partnerships between their alternative funding sources, including family office co-investors, and investee companies they believe in.
Separately, through their affiliate division, they identify and establish transformational business investments and transaction opportunities which enable private and public companies to grow strategically and extensively.
The role will benefit with working alongside a team of collaborative colleagues with extensive experience in the corporate investment sector and will also benefit from extensive development and training opportunities.Key Responsibilities
- Assisting from time to time with investment into listed companies within the London markets (AIM, Standard Segment of the Main Market and Aquis) as well as engaging with local counsel in overseas jurisdictions (including Australia, Canada and mainland Europe)
- Managing overseas counsel and other processes with respect to existing investments managed by the organisation.
- Assisting with the project management of transactions with respect to the newly established Advisory division including acquisition and disposal of assets and/or shares or listing on to exchanges, and the engagement with a broad range of advisors including legal, financial and tax advisors and brokers
- Supporting due diligence on investment opportunities and companies relevant to the Advisory division; including preparing, reviewing and assisting with legal due diligence enquiries and responses
- Assisting with corporate advisory work
- Assisting with business development including (where appropriate) research about clients and targets
- Coordinating collation of documents and KYC with respect to investments execution
The Successful Applicant
- Law degree (or equivalent)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrable keenness to develop
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise
- Proficient in document management
- Experience in working within a Corporate Commercial team
- Knowledge of - Capital markets, Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity and Alternative Investment Market
- Working with clients within our primary sector focuses including resources, technology, life sciences
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
My client + Page Personnel are committed to providing fairness and equal opportunity for all regardless of age, gender, gender identity, ethnic origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital or transgender status, nationality, religion or belief.
My client is an equal opportunities employer. All applications received by the firm will be considered based on their merit alone and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of background.
All successful candidates will be subject to their standard pre-employment screening, including a basic criminal record check via Disclosure and Barring Service. Any offer of employment made is conditional upon completion of all checks.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited discretionary bonus based on performance of the group operations
- 25 days' annual leave
- A focus on flexible, agile and home working (3 days in the office being the standard)
- Funding of Solicitors Qualifying Examination Route
- Private healthcare
- Health insurance
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Training and development opportunities and funding
- Payment of your home working equipment and extensive IT equipment