- In-house Legal Assistant / Legal Counsel Role
- PE Backed Property business, fast growing,
About Our Client
My client is a leading manufacturer and developer in the property and construction sector; delivering high-quality, energy efficient homes. My client are private equity backed, and have ambitious growth plans to continue to take market share.
- Working with stakeholders across the business to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations relating to employment relationships, employee benefit programs, intellectual property rights, environmental and health & safety.
- Working with the land/partnerships team on property documents for both land purchase, land sales and build/development agreements and identifying and helping mitigate risk.
- Working closely with the General Counsel and senior finance professionals and the investor team (TDR) on corporate finance projects.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating various commercial and supplier contracts, including Terms and Conditions.
- Communicating with any third-party bodies such as external counsel.
- Support in managing and mitigating legal risks by reviewing and publicising company policies and procedures on risk management and data protection requirements.
- Liaise with Insurance Brokers on day to day queries.
- Company Secretarial duties (maintaining and updating company books, shareholder communications etc) and upgrading record storage process.
- Preparing non-disclosure agreements and managing the internal NDA process.
- Support legal aspects of the business's property portfolio.
- Providing day-to-day advice to all areas of the business on all legal issues.
- Promoting legal, compliance and risk management best practice throughout the company, with focus on GDPR, Modern Slavery and Anti-bribery and corruption.
- Ad hoc training on legal updates.
- Providing support to the HR team on employee issues, including subject access requests.
- Supporting the General Counsel with project work and ad-hoc requirements.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have:
- Commercial and contractual drafting of legal documentation.
- A general understanding of the structure of construction deals.
- Overall broad legal knowledge (UK commercial law and governance, construction law, compliance, employment law, property law etc).
- Ability to communicate precisely on legal matters/risks to non-legal colleagues.
- Ability to advise with confidence and to present to internal & external stakeholders
- Some previous Company Secretarial experience preferred
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Positive, self-motivated and able to work effectively without close supervision.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise is essential.
- Sound judgement and analytical skills.
- Strong IT skills (including Microsoft Excel).
What's on Offer
Salary between £30,000 - £35,000