- Are you looking for a 12 month contract?
- Do you have in house legal experience?
About Our Client
Asset Management Company
- Reading leases, deeds and other property title documents and miscellaneous documents, identifying key provisions and analysing title structures
- Obtaining and checking Land Registry documents and title deeds and leases and interpreting the same
- Dealing with queries and legal title or acquisition enquires referred by other members of staff, and sourcing documents from Archives
- Updating and checking property management system data, updating other departments where necessary and responding to external third parties as appropriate when queries and enquires are referred by other members of staff.
- Reporting to Legal Transactions Manager (or other Head of Legal Transactions) regarding work requirements, deadlines and expectations, and protecting the interests of the Company at all times
- Legal research using online practice resources, in-house library or otherwise
The Successful Applicant
- Law Graduate, or equivalent academic qualifications with experience in property law/conveyancing
- High degree of integrity and reliability
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to deadlines, good organisation skills, and able to work within a team
- Computer literate: intermediate use of Word and Excel
- Numerate and an effective communicator in writing and orally
- An understanding and/or up to date practical experience of conveyancing procedures
- Previous in-house experience, especially within the property industry
- Experience of property acquisitions, and property related finance
- Interest in legal property related research and a desire to acquire new skills
- Telephone customer service: able to show the ability to communicate effectively over the phone, providing accurate information in a helpful manner, and maintaining a professional attitude at all times.
- Data input: accuracy and speed is essential when entering data into a database, copying both from written and oral sources.
- Working with IT: Comfortable in the Windows environment and able to show experience or knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and Outlook at least to an intermediate level. Ability to learn new systems, like an in-house database and use them effectively in accordance with company procedures.
- Letter writing/Communication: able to write professional letters/communications, both using templates and as ad-hoc letters/communications. A high level of accuracy is required regarding the information provided in the letters/communications, as well as an equally high level of grammatical correction.
- Problem solving: able to investigate a query and suggest possible outcomes solving problems in an effective manner.
- Ability to use initiative: After an initial training period, individuals will be expected to effectively recognise when they need to make a decision, and when assistance should be requested from a more experienced member of the team or management, whilst adhering to specific company procedures at all times.
- Organisational skills: able to prioritise workload and multitask in a high volume environment with a high level of attention to detail, managing own workload, keeping long and medium term goals in mind.
- Working in a team: able to work in large and small teams productively and cooperatively with a variety of colleagues, and willing to be flexible and learn new responsibilities as required within the team environment.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines: and sometimes under pressure.
What's on Offer
12 month fixed term contract role, competitive salary and hybrid working.
Quote job ref
+44 207 269 2446