- Working for an innovative well known UK based organisation
- A great team and role with a lot of variety
About Our Client
My client's focus in the UK's critical digital infrastructure and they are looking for s permanent In-House Senior Legal Counsel to join an existing team int he West Midlands region.
Reporting to the Legal and Commercial Director you will be responsible for advising on legal matters relating to all business areas.
The day to day duties required in this role include:
- Covering a broad range of in-house commercial contracts including, but not limited to customer and supplier agreements.
- Drafting, negotiation, risk analysis and mitigation
- Development and management of standard templates
- Contentious and non-contentious legal advice
- Corporate - M&A, restructuring, financing and the establishment of joint ventures
- Governance matters including the Companies Act, Bribery Act and Modern Slavery Act
- Dispute resolution
- Support for regulatory reporting
- Delivery of legal training as and when needed to the wider business.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation and regulation.
- Management of external legal support, ensuring best value for money.
- Help support the business with it's strategic focus to grow by offering new services and solutions to existing and new clients.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this role you will need o the following:
- UK qualified solicitor or barrister (QLTT accepted)
- Ideally with around 7+ years PQE, specialising in company commercial law
- Previously worked in an in-house environment
- Provide pragmatic, business focused legal advice to senior executives and the senior management.
- Influencing, negotiation and presentation skills
- Be able to work to set timescales int he completion of strategic legal projects
- Strong ability to prioritise a busy and varied workload
- Demonstrate a solutions driven approach and a 'can do' attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to determine legal risk.
What's on Offer
Excellent opportunity to work for a client that has a vast number of clients and be part of a fantastic team. #
Ability to gain experience in technology and infrastructure field