In House Solicitor
£40,000 - £55,000
In House Solicitor
About Our Client
For full details about this vacancy please contact Kate James on 0121 6348800.
- The role includes advising on legal issues involved in the launch of new deposit taking and lending products, issues arising from the existing product portfolio and helping to assess and identify the changes necessary to ensure the business complies with new regulatory or legal requirements
- Full training will be given
- The role means extensive contact with colleagues in different business areas, includes providing advice to the Product & Marketing functions and project teams
- You will also assist with broader legal and regulatory issues raised by the product and marketing team
- You will also provide data protection advice to stakeholders across the Society, including assisting with the implementation of data protection policies and procedures, analysing data protection impact assessments and dealing with data protection related queries.
The Successful Applicant
- We are looking for someone who is 1-5 PQE, or potentially a returner to work
- You'll be admitted to practice law either as a Solicitor or a Barrister in England and Wales
- This role can be full time or part time with the opportunity to work two days per week from home
- Strong generic legal skills (drafting, researching etc.)
- You will be open to coming up to speed with potentially a new area of law
- You may have some pre-existing knowledge of these areas but the most important things we are looking for is a lawyer with great research and drafting skills. You'll also have the ability to build lasting relationships with your stakeholders at all levels around the business and be able to work well with internal clients
- If you have a genuine interest in working In House, we would like to hear from you. We are looking for someone who is an enthusiastic and self-motivated with a desire to learn. You will need to be organised and able to prioritise competing demands. You will also be personable with good communication skills.
What's on Offer
- supportive environment to develop the skills to be a subject matter expert
- high quality, stimulating work and the opportunity to work two days per week from home
- Excellent training and flexible working / home working