In House Solicitor
In House Solicitor
About Our Client
Our client in the manufacturing sector is looking to recruit a Commercial, Corporate, Banking or Litigation solicitor to join its in house legal team.
Some of the key responsibilities for the in house solicitor role will include some areas of legal work outlined below. Candidates do not need to have experience in all of the areas outlined below but they need to have the ability and desire to pick up and learn new areas of legal work.
You will support the Legal Director in providing legal advice across a full range of Commercial legal issues and Corporate support work. This will include the following activities:
- Negotiating and advising on a wide range of commercial transactions
- Reviewing and/or preparing a wide range of contractual documentation, including sale and purchase agreements, IP licenses, confidentiality agreements and similar
- Managing external advisers where appropriate, ensuring service level and value for money
- Advising on changes in relevant law and regulation and providing training to support business activities.
- Supporting compliance activity
- Having an awareness of the Company's policy framework and how it is implemented (in some cases, it will be the responsibility of the Commercial Lawyer to monitor and uphold that framework)
The Successful Applicant
For this in house solicitor role candidates who have a private practice or in house background should apply for this role. Our client is looking to recruit a Commercial solicitor or someone who has a Corporate, Regulatory, Litigation or Banking background. This role would suit junior , mid or senior level solicitors.
What's on Offer
The salary for this in house solicitor role will be commensurate with market rate. The role will be a mix of office working and home working.
This role includes working remotely and the client has offices in several locations Middlesbrough, Saltburn by the Sea and Scunthorpe so solicitors who live in the North East/ Yorkshire should apply and solicitors who can attend the office in Scunthopre a couple times per week should also apply.
If you are interested in this role or are thinking of moving in house this year please contact or call Susan McNulty on 0796 7751440.