In-House Tax Manager
Opportunity to join a global, market-leading business
Excellent chance to be the tax lead in a reputable business
About Our Client
A global market-leading Electronics organisation based in the South Manchester / Stockport area
As In-house Tax Manager your responsibilities will include, but not be restricted to:
- Taking ownership of the tax reporting for the group
- Overseeing Corporation Taxes, Indirect Taxes (EU VAT, Intrastat, US Sales Tax and Canadian GST), Transfer Pricing and R&D Tax Credits
- Ensuring that tax compliance obligations are observed and filing deadlines are met in an efficient and accurate manner
- Advising the Group on the tax implications of new developments within the business, from expansion into new geographical territories to new service offerings
- Liaising with suppliers, clients, advisers, HMRC and other external stakeholders as required on behalf of the business
- Ensuring optimisation of the VAT cost to their clients (particularly those with exempt/partial exempt status) wherever possible.
- Working closely with key stakeholders throughout the business to upskill them in the application of EU VAT rules through training and interactive workshops, and assist with VAT mitigation planning.
- Running VAT training courses across the UK to clients and internal account managers
- Liaise with external advisors in respect of Group Corporation tax returns
- Dealing with any external tax enquires
- Coordinate ongoing R&D tax and business rate reduction claims
- Working with HMRC with ad hoc queries
The Successful Applicant
The successful In-house Tax Manager will have Indirect or Direct tax experience (or ideally both) in either an accountancy practice another in-house tax role.
You must be a clear and confident communicator and be able to work both individually and as part of a wider finance team.
What's on Offer
£45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience (+ other benefits)