In House Tax Manager
Opportunity to join an industry leading business in a supportive environment
Newly created in house tax position with lots of variety
About Our Client
This is a market leading Manufacturing and Production business based in the Stoke on Trent area.
We have delivered significant growth in recent years and are looking to further strengthen their reputable finance department.
As In House Tax Manager your responsibilities will include, but not be restricted to:
- Management of VAT or similar indirect taxes
- VAT/indirect tax for UK (including preparations for Making Tax Digital
- VAT/indirect tax for international registrations
- Monitoring VAT/indirect tax accounts (including exchange rate issues for the related accounts)
- Dealing with new international VAT registrations as necessary
- Tax Consulting, Training (e.g. VAT/indirect tax treatment of sales, withholding taxes, Brexit, etc.) for local departments and management
- Management of Tax cash flow (indirect taxes, advanced payments direct taxes etc.) and monitoring of tax payment deadlines
- Preparation of the local Transfer Pricing file in close co-operation with Division Tax Department
- Checking of Transfer Pricing Adjustments/Agreements, monitoring and reporting regarding adherence to the Division Transfer Pricing Policy
- Management of UK Corporation Tax returns (including R&D tax credit)
- Preparation of the quarterly current and deferred tax calculations
- Tax risk management and tax compliance (to ensure that all legal tax regulations are fulfilled)
- Management of local tax controls and negotiation with the local authorities
- Monitoring changes in local tax law and implementation on site
- Preparing applications for VAT refund, Tax benefits, tax related grants etc.
- Implementation and application of other (incl. IT related) standard processes in the tax field
- Liaising with external tax consultants, tax inspectors and tax authorities
The Successful Applicant
The successful In House Tax Manager will ideally have both indirect and direct tax knowledge.
Please do still apply if you are only a specialist in one of these areas as there is some scope for flexibility in the role.
This role could suit someone with an in-house tax background or someone with an Indirect Tax or Corporate Tax specialism in practice.
What's on Offer
£55,000 - £65,000 with generous bonus
Varied and newly created role with scope for progression