- Opportunity to join one of the leading tax teams in Yorkshire
- Varied and exciting role with career progression
About Our Client
A leading utilities business in the Selby area who have a reputable and supportive tax team.
As In House Tax Manager your responsibilities will include, but not be restricted to:
- Preparation and review of annual tax computations and returns for all UK entities including group-level returns such as the corporate interest restriction calculations and Country by Country Reporting. Ensuring timely submission to HMRC.
- Fixed asset tax analysis to maximise capital allowance and RDA claims.
- Work on Patent Box and R & D claims as required.
- Technical analysis and correspondence to support communications with HMRC
- Preparation of tax provisions and tax notes to be included in annual group accounts and individual entity accounts. Assisting with queries from group auditors and sundry ad hoc reporting queries.
- Assistance in forecasting group tax payments on account and tax provisions included in group business planning forecasts.
- Transfer pricing - assistance in preparing intra group transfer pricing documentation.
- Assisting with Senior Accounting Officer administration to achieve ongoing compliance.
- Review of tax submissions (VAT, CCL, Landfill Tax, Excise duty rebate).
- Support department management team with M & A projects
- Ad hoc tax projects to support both Group and business unit needs, including payroll, VAT and other indirect taxes.
The Successful Applicant
The successful In House Tax Manager will be a:
- ACA / ACCA or CTA Qualified
- Experience of dealing with indirect tax matters is desirable, but not essential.
- Adept at researching and reaching sound judgements on tax technical areas.
- Good project management skills and strong time management skills.
- Good MS Office skills, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to understand commercial transactions and arrangements.
- Has a good grasp of accounting concepts.
What's on Offer
£50,000 - £55,000 + career progression and other exciting benefits