In House VAT Analyst
Opportunity to join one of the leading tax teams in the North West
Generous packages and bonuses on offer
About Our Client
This is as global retail brand that is know for having one of the highest performing tax teams in the country. They will offer generous packages and excellent training for the successful In House VAT Manager.
They are based in Manchester City centre and are also a flexible business with the ability to work from home.
The successful In House VAT Analyst will be responsible for, but not restricted to:
* Preparing, reviewing and submitting European VAT returns and related filings such as EC Sales Listings;
* Prepare, review and submit Intrastat returns as necessary;
* Assist with VAT registrations across various jurisdictions;
* Manage and assist with VAT compliance queries from businesses operating across Europe;
* Provide intelligent and creative solutions to VAT issues both re-actively and proactively;
* Review month-end VAT account reconciliations;
* Provide internal and external audit support, including data analysis;
* Liaise with, and deal with VAT compliance and audit enquiries from, tax authorities;
* Provide support to and partner with colleagues throughout the business and, in particular, accounting groups;
* Lead and participate in cross-functional projects;
* Map VAT processes and identify areas for improvement;
* Support business growth and on-boarding of new companies and entities;
* Act as people manager for the members of the team.
The Successful Applicant
The successful In House VAT Analyst will be:
* Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
* A strong desire to exceed expectations
* Organised and methodical with strong attention to detail.
* Strong MS Excel skills
* Good communication and personal skills with a hands-on attitude.
* The ability to take ownership of their work, initiate and implement change and demonstrate a problem solving approach.
* Able to work to tight deadlines, and under pressure
* Demonstrable work experience working in a finance and/or technology function
* Relevant accounting and/or VAT experience (public/private mix preferred)
* Experience of compliance in other European jurisdictions advantageous
What's on Offer
£35,000 - £55,000 package including bonus + benefits.
Genuine promotion opportunities too.
Please apply for more specific details.