HR Business Partner - Professional Services
City of London
Well known, reputable Law firm
Strategic HR Business Partner
About Our Client
A well know, leading reputable Law firm based in the Cit yof London.
- To develop "trusted advisor" status relationships with key stakeholders in order to influence the way HR policies are implemented within and across practice groups.
- Work with office and practice group leadership to develop and deliver HR plans which are aligned to the needs of the business and client group
- Following direction from the Chair of LPC and/or Director of Legal Personnel provide input and assistance on legal personnel matters including: the associate evaluation process; compensation levels; level advancement; performance/productivity issues; mentoring; role eliminations and succession planning
- Provide "thought leadership" information, advice and guidance for Deputy/Practice Group Leaders in response to challenges within the employment markets, new labour laws, the regulatory frameworks impacting the legal sector and general emerging opportunities which have potential application from an HR perspective
- Offer guidance and advice in relation to team structures, staffing models, overall resourcing and team reorganisations, ensuring appropriate consultation, relevant approvals and legal compliance based on advice from in-house Counsel
- Utilise HR metrics to provide a platform for improving efficiencies, promoting greater levels of employee engagement and developing HR action plans which deliver meaningful value to Practice Group Leaders.
- Take ownership for the overall process of on-boarding new people to ensure that they make a positive transition to their new role and that they feel a high level of engagement with the firm and their new team as quickly as possible
- Work with the relevant leadership and the Learning & Development team to have in place innovative training programmes, including off-site retreats, which address role competencies, personal development plans and team training needs.
- Work collaboratively with relevant HR colleagues in order to co-ordinate and manage the processes (including approvals) for long term absentees and general staff movements: global mobility, client or internal secondments; relocations; leavers and new starters.
The Successful Applicant
- The successful candidate will be fully CIPD qualified and will have a good amount of experience in a generalist advisory role, ideally in professional services/legal, along with experience in working in a large and complex global organisation.
- A good understanding and practical experience of complex ER delivery. In addition, excellent commercial acumen, with the ability to contribute to the wider business and HR agenda.
- Experience of organisational development, change management and stakeholder management, with a proven track record of coaching, motivating and influencing at management level using a pragmatic approach.
- Well-developed diplomacy, listening and influencing skills. The ability to be able to demonstrate a range of influencing skills, personal impact and communication skills that will ensure success and command credibility at all levels of the firm.
- Excellent IT skills.
What's on Offer
£50,000 - £60,000 pus package