HR People Partner
This is a chance to work for one of London's major institutions
You will work on a unique and interesting transformation project
About Our Client
King's College London is one of the top 20 universities in the world and the fourth oldest university in England. It has more than 26,500 students and some 8,000 staff.
King's has an outstanding reputation in Education for world-class teaching and cutting-edge research. It was ranked sixth nationally in the 'power' ranking in the 2014 UK Research Excellence Framework, and is in the top seven UK universities for research earnings (over £171 million in 2013-14).
Kings has played a major role in many advances that have shaped modern life, such as the discovery of the structure of DNA and research that led to the development of radio, television, mobile phones and radar.
Kings has a very real Vision to make the world a better place and a key component of the strategy is professional strengthening and this can only be achieved through the changing of HR processes and practices across the university.
The Grade 8 HR People Partner is therefore responsible for aligning King's vision and it's people. This role will serve as as a consultant to management across the spectrum of HR issues. You will therefore act as an employee champion and change agent, assessing the people impacts of the client area's goals and anticipating HR-related needs
Working in London your responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the resource planning with Faculties and Departments.
- Support the management teams in the implementation of consistent people plans, HR processes and polices and Kings HR initiatives.
- Support the delivery of the annual and transnational HR processes linked to the employee life cycle.
- Contribute to the design and delivery of key HR projects and interventions aligned to performance improvement or business change outcomes.
- Undertake ad hoc project work to support the Faculties and Departments to achieve change initiatives.
- Use organisational understanding to advise on appropriate departmental & faculty design and help drive the implementation plans to change organisation structures.
- Work with managers to help them understand the Kings leadership framework. Coach and support Managers on how to implement the framework in their team.
- Work with managers to understand resource requirements, and to develop plans to meet those requirements.
- Coach people managers in the creation of effective and realistic development plans to ensure effective talent pools are in place.
- Promote fairness and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation.
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees on all informal performance related issues, performance improvement, and terminations.
- Coach line managers to be confident and effective with lower level disciplinary and capability issues.
The Successful Applicant
Kings is looking for an HR People Partner who is genuinely interested in an opportunity to effect and facilitate change from an HR perspective within one of the world's leading academic and research organisations.
While Kings would like to meet candidates from Higher Education they are also very happy to consider HR People Partners from other sectors who demonstrate all or some of the following experience and qualifications:
- Degree qualified.
- Recognised generalist HR professional certification or equivalent skills and experience.
- A demonstrable understanding of how people experience change and development.
- Experience of managing complex people issues, ideally in a unionised environment.
- Responsibility for people activity in a complex, highly ambiguous, matrixed organisation
- Experience of working across a range of industries with some focus on improving human health.
- Evidenced ability to manage competing demands, deliver value-added improvements whilst maintaining service standards
- Comfort with providing support and challenge to senior leaders through the provision of evidence-based insights.
What's on Offer
The Grade 8 HR People Partner will attract a salary of up to £61,578
Working for Kings College London offers a very attractive benefits package