Knowledge of HSE legistation, procedures in a manufacturing environment
About Our Client
A leading FMCG manufacturer and part of a large group of companies providing services to products known in households around the UK and beyond.
The H&S Manager will Champion the Company target of Zero accidents by instilling a belief and ways of working across the organisation that demonstrates Health, Safety and Wellbeing are our number 1 priority, where everyone understands their responsibilities and duties and is committed to fulfilling them. You will work closely with site Managers and teams to improve and embed proactive H&S behaviours and actions. The H&S Manager will act as an advisor for H&S related issues for Directors, Managers and Employees on site. In addition liaise and be the first point of contact to external enforcing bodies and providers including contractors ensuring appropriate Method statements are provided for any work carried out on site. The manager will work on developing and ensuring delivery of relevant H&S training programs to meet site business needs including maintaining accurate and visible records of all trained employees.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have:
- In depth knowledge and understanding of HSE legislation, ability to interpret policies and procedures and employment law to give sound advice to managers ideally in a multi-site environment.
- Holder of recognised qualification, NEBOSH or equivalent.
- Experience of managing external enforcing authorities
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Practical and professional with a hands on approach
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a team player with a flexible approach
- Confident IT skills, proven record of using all Microsoft programmes
- Exemplary organisational skills, able to meet tight deadlines and prioritise work, remaining calm under pressure
What's on Offer
£42-48K + Excellent Benefits