- An amazing opportunity to join a business on a permanent basis
- I am looking for an EHSS Officer to join my client ASAP!
About Our Client
My client is a multi -brand, -channel and -geography plumbing business. The brand and product portfolio enables them to reach a broad group of consumers, as well as to accelerate their growth in the plumbing segment. Some of their trusted brands include Moen®, the #1 faucet brand in North America, and several luxury brands under its House of Rohl: Perrin & Rowe®, Riobel®, ROHL®, Shaws™ and Victoria + Albert®.
The successful H&S Officer will have the following responsibilities;
- Advise the business on EHSS matters
- Lead the behavioral based safety cultural development
- Maintain EHSS metrics that drive the correct behaviours
- Ongoing compliance with appropriate Environmental permits
- Continuously Improve compliance activities to drive overall performance
- Conduct relevant EHSS training for staff, particularly where required to meet the standards imposed by legislation, ACOP's, or FBHS group requirements
- Complete general/specific risk assessments, review at relevant intervals and maintain records of the same.
- Conduct internal compliance audits and inspections; report on findings and manage issues through to completion.
- Co-ordinate and manage first aid and fire safety representatives.
- Ensure incident investigations are completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Work with site and external contractors to maintain facility to an appropriate standard, ensuring compliance with EHSS protocols
- Immediately contact Operations Mgr if situations are found, that in the opinion of the EHSS Officer, require immediate rectification or cessation of the operation
- Maintenance of OPUS database and EHSS compliance calendars
- Any other ad hoc EHSS duties as required
The Successful Applicant
The successful H&S Officer will possess a range of the following; Essential:
- 3-5 years' experience in a similar role within a manufacturing environment
- Thorough understanding of appropriate EHSS legislation
- Exposure to ISO14001 and environmental management systems
- Experience of driving a behavioral based safety culture into an organisation
- NEBOSH General Certificate (or appropriate alternative) as a minimum
- IT literate and a comprehensive understanding of Windows based programs to include Word, Excel and Outlook is essential.
- Understand of machining operations
- Proactive with excellent organisational skills and an ability to collaborate, communicate and influence effectively across the business.
- Able to effectively influence those at all levels of the organisation
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach
- Strong teamwork skills
- Must manage multiple tasks simultaneously and react to shifting priorities to meet business needs
- Ability to act decisively to resolve problems
- Professional in their approach to dealing with issues and employees.
- Appreciation of confidentiality and discretion.
- Effective leadership style
What's on Offer
The successful H&S Officer will receive;
- Salary up to £40,000 per annum
- Annual bonus
- 25 days annual leave (plus statutory days)
- Travel between UK based sites may be required.
- Expected to work the hours necessary to complete the role
- Option to join company pension scheme