New HSE Advisor position based in Rotherham with a large Manufacturing business
Are you currently working as a HSE Advisor looking for the next career step.
About Our Client
Based in Rotherham my client are a leading Design, Manufacturing and Production business who supply products worldwide. They have several UK operations, and this will be based at the Rotherham factory. This factory is a purpose build site currently employing over 50 staff. If you are looking to progress your career within a growing manufacturing business, please apply below.
Working with the HSEQ Manager, the HSE Advisor is responsible for assisting in the development, implementation, maintenance and enhancement of health, safety and environmental (HSE) management systems, including occupational hygiene controls and standards, across the Company.
The HSE Advisor is also responsible for reviewing the effectiveness and efficiency of management systems in place, conducting assessments of current measures and reporting shortfalls and practical solutions to department managers. The position will also be responsible for assisting in the organisation and/or provision of HSE training to all company personnel.
Other Duties Include:
- Operate a safe working environment in line with company policies & procedures.
- Interact and collaborate with departmental managers, Supervisors and other staff to provide guidance and direction.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of the company's HSE policies.
- Proper and timely assessment of risks to HSE, and implementation of practical solutions identified as necessary from the assessments.
- Provision of emergency procedures, first-aid facilities, safety signs, relevant protective clothing and equipment to the relevant Management/Supervisory staff.
- Provide guidance to departmental managers on responding to workplace HSE complaints and help with accident investigations with the view to the elimination of the root cause(s).
- Surveillance and reporting on HSE management systems issues and recommendations for enhancements or changes to existing systems.
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication within the team to ensure objectives are met.
- The role will entail site visits nationwide and could include overnight stays.
The Successful Applicant
To apply for the HSE Advisor position you will have;
- Hold a NEBOSH Qualification
- Excellent Computer skills (including working knowledge of Excel & Word)
- Good general education with a good standard of numeracy and literacy
- Strong organisational and decision-making skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- First class planning & organisational skills.
- Good presentation, written and oral communication skills.
- Innovative thinker and commercially aware
- Willing to develop interpersonal and communication skills
What's on Offer
Competitive Yearly Salary including a benefits package.