- Opportunity to work cross functionally with over 400 employees
- Global business with excellent progression opportunities
About Our Client
Global DIY product manufacturer with offices across the UK, but with this role being based out of Slough.
The key responsibilities of the HSE Advisor are:
- Build line management understanding of safety processes
- Be an influential advisor to line management by building and fostering a deep understanding of the theoretical concepts, industry standards and best practices
- Safety process knowledge of [Business/Location/Unit] management meets company expectation
- Leverage HSE expertise to support own unit and others
- Be an effective coach for the [Business/Location/Unit] by leveraging and extending HSE knowledge through personal participation in expert pools for delivery of the Safety Common Platform, HSE Faculty learning programs, auditing and/or incident investigation and/or through training activities within the units in scope as well as through personal functional development.
- Guide line management to deliver HSE policy, set the culture and manage hazards
- Guide line management to develop and ensure implementation of HSE policies, plans and practices for the units in scope in line with the HSE Policy, Directives, Rules & Procedures (HSE Procedures) and in compliance with relevant regulatory requirements; together with and in support of line management, set the safety culture and manage hazards.
- Spend time engaging with employees and act as a role model for ensuring compliance with and commitment to the HSE Policy, Directives, Rules & Procedures, including its risk tolerance criteria.
- Contribute to the development of the HSE strategy for design, deployment and delivery of the HSE Policy, Directives, Rules & Procedures and Safety Common Platform for the entity at the next higher level, in order to ensure alignment of objectives and performance of the sMU.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal HSE advisor will have experience with:
- Nationally recognised qualification in HSE (e.g NEBOSH Diploma) preferred. Minimum NEBOSH Certificate or comparable qualification.
- Strong strategic and conceptual skills with ability to execute and follow through;
- Positive influencing: ability to convince others, gain agreement or acceptance of plans, activities and ability to move others willingly towards a desired goal or course of action;
- Ability to drive continuous improvement of the processes, policies, standards;
- Able to work in an inclusive way in the HSE community to make sure the business experiences 'one voice' and the teams collective objectives are met;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, entrepreneurship, result oriented, negotiation, problem solving, project management, business acumen;
- Very good verbal and written English language skills;
- Relevant experience in different multiple units, disciplines, locations and/or other companies;
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits package