Driving HSE culture
Making a difference
About Our Client
Michael Page Engineering and Manufacturing are working in close partnership with a leading manufacturer in Derbyshire. Our client is looking to strenghten its HSE function as it drives its exciting grow plan.
This role of HSE Manager will report directly into the Plant Manager, and will have day to day support from the Group HSE Manager. The key importance of this role is to achieve and maintain influential recognition of the legislative and commercial needs of the company in the areas of Health & Safety and Environmental and to continually improve Health & Safety and Environmental in the work place.
Key responsibilities of the HSe Manager in Derbyshire include:
- Operate a philosophy of continual improvement at the Plant across Health & Safety, Environmental
- Coordinate with the Company Health & Safety and Environmental policy
- Responsible for the implementation and managing of nationally agreed systems within the Plant ensuring legal compliance across the site
- Ensuring information for the processing of Complaints reporting system is achieved in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Collection of weekly and monthly KPI information and delivery of information for month end reporting.
- Maintaining complete and accurate Health & Safety and Environmental records to the Company standard.
- Coordinate all plant and cross audits, risk assessments, essential meetings which are relevant to the position and responsibility.
- Training and development of staff members, including toolbox talks.
- Undertake to investigate and report serious incidents to the relevant functional heads.
- Empowerment to intervene with any non-compliance.
- Liaise with local authorities for investigation and inspections.
- Keep local management teams up to date with local legislation.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for my clients HSE Manager role at their Derbyshire site will provide evidence of the following to be considered for the role:
- Proven in depth knowledge of HSE legislation and systems relevant to the business.
- Knowledge of implementation and application of ISO 14001/18001 or 45001.
- Good grounding in the engineering and/or manufacturing industries.
- Strong presentation track record to internal and external audiences.
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who will challenge the status quo whilst employing a considered approach.
- Effective communicator both orally and in writing. Equally effective at 'shop-floor' and 'boardroom' level. A good listener who can respond sensitively to needs and concerns, and engenders trust.
- Ability to negotiate, persuade and influence stakeholders to gain buy in and support at all levels.
- Ability to interpret, extract, manipulate and analyse complex data accurately. Identifying issues and presenting potential solutions.
- NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Management Certificate or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum 3 years experience within a similar role.
What's on Offer