Opportunity to implement real change
Global and increibly well known brand
About Our Client
This global and well recognised organisation are looking for a motivated HSE Manager, where they will have the opportunity to head-up the implementation and influence of the HSE policies within the company.
The key responsibilities of the HSE Manager are:
Ensure a safe working environment
- Ensure all H&S policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and effectively communicated
- Ensure the company meets it's statutory obligations in all areas
- Complete and regularly review risk assessments for all work equipment and processes
- Make sure that all accidents and near misses are appropriately documented and investigated- recommending relevant improvements where necessary
- Ensure H&S inspections are carried out
- Co-ordinate the development of business process improvement relating to H&S, Business systems and procedures and make sure policies are maintained.
- Manage business systems and H&S policies
- Collate and distribute monthly reports to management and colleagues
- Liaise with relevant external suppliers
- Run 'Train the trainer' programmes
- Work closely with the various group companies to ensure best practice is being applied
- Work directly with the factory/Operations Managers as and when required
- Travel to other water sites (nationally and internationally) as required.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal HSE manager will:
- Be NEBOSH qualified
- Have management training and a number of years' practical experience
- COSHH Training
- HSE Management experience for a manufacturing facility which works closely with potentially hazardous materials and chemicals.
- Previous experience formulating, implementing and revising business processes, SOPs and H&S policies.
- Experience handling and reporting H&S Investigations
- Analytical and process driven individual
- BSc or MSc educated would be ideal
- Ability to self manage and be accountable for their own work, whilst maintaining a positive 'can-do' attitude towards the role at hand.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary + bonus + access to employee benefits portal