- New HSE Manager position based in Barnsley within a manufacturing business.
- Are you currently working as a HSE looking for the next career step?
About Our Client
Based in Barnsley, South Yorkshire my client is a large, well-established engineering business who design, manufacture, and supply their own, niche components worldwide. Due to large growth over the last 5 years, my client is now looking to recruit a highly motivated, driven HSE Manager to take full ownership of all on site Health, Safety and Environmental matters. This is a stand alone role with NO team but that could change in the future.
As the new HSE Manager you will take full ownership of all Health, Safety and Environmental matters, and be fully responsible for implementing and managing the company's HSE systems. In addition, you will be challenged on improving and engaging all staff awareness to the latest HSE protocols and standards.Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, Audit and Plan all onsite Health, Safety and Environmental systems to ensure compliance with all applicable policies, procedures and legislation, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Perform internal and external audits to ensure all company documentation is up to date and appropriately distributed within the organisation.
- Perform risk assessments if and when required to enable safe working protocols are being adhered to.
- Provide training, information and guidance to new starters and existing employees in relation to the company's health & safety and other management systems.
- Investigate customer complaints and product defects and implement improvements where required.
- Provide support for regulatory compliance matters as required, including maintenance of product technical files.
The Successful Applicant
To apply for this exciting, new HSE Manager position you will ideally have a background within engineering, manufacturing or FMCG and the know how to transfer these skills across to a new business. This will be a challenging new position due to the company going through a large growth period so candidates who have strong resilience would be advantageous. Required Skills and Qualifications
- Hold a relevant HSE qualification.
- Previous Health, Safety and Environmental experience in a similar role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills dealing with people at all levels of the company
- Problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail and good organisational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
What's on Offer
Salary for this position will be £35,000 to £45,000 plus benefits.