New HSE Manager position based in Sheffield within a manufacturing business.
Are you currently working as a QE/QHSE looking for the next career step?
About Our Client
Based in Sheffield my client is a large, well-established engineering business who design, make and supply components worldwide. They are currently going through a period of change and seek a new HSE Manager to join the business. To apply for this position, you do need to have some Medical background knowledge as Quality Management Systems such as ISO 13485 & 9001 are in place.
Purpose of the role
As the new, HSE Manager you will be responsible for implementing and managing the company's QHSE processes in a medical device manufacturing and distribution environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement and manage the company's ISO 13485 quality management system, monitor and measure the ongoing performance of the system and report to the management team.
- Develop audit plan and perform audits as part of the internal audit programme.
- Liaise with external auditors to manage ISO certification process and ensure timely close out of audit findings.
- Management review - define objectives and report to management, identify deficiencies within the system and work with other managers to implement corrective and preventive actions.
- Implement and manage the company's environmental and health and safety systems to ensure compliance with all applicable policies, procedures and legislation, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure all company documentation is up to date and appropriately distributed within the organisation.
- Perform risk assessments.
- Provide training, information and guidance to new starters and existing employees in relation to the company's quality, health & safety and other management systems.
- Report to management on QHSE activities.
- Contribute to facilities management activities where required, including calibration and equipment maintenance.
- Supplier approval and audits.
- Investigate customer complaints and product defects.
- Implement CAPA, change control, regulatory notification and vendor qualification systems.
- Provide support for regulatory compliance matters as required, including maintenance of product technical files.
- Any other reasonable task requested by management.
The Successful Applicant
Key skills and qualifications:
- Hold relevant QHSE qualification.
- Previous experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience of medical devices and ISO 13485.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills dealing with people at all levels of the company, customers and suppliers.
- Problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail and good organisational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
What's on Offer
£30,000 - £45,000 depending on background experience. Please apply for more information of if you feel you have the transferable skills required. If you current salary is above this level but you are still interested please also apply or contact Glyn Dobb directly.