- An outstanding opportunity to join the ICT Strategy function of a local Council.
- A key ICT Security Architect role within an ICT Strategy & Commissioning team.
About Our Client
- Michael Page are proud to have been selected as the exclusive partner of Warwickshire County Council, whose ICT department has recently been strategically restructured to enable them to deliver a responsive and effective ICT service in a time of rapid change.
- They now have a dedicated ICT Strategy and Commissioning service, which is responsible for developing ICT strategy, optimising spend, and designing solutions to meet business need. They have successfully filled a number of new roles from within the organisation, but still have some exciting vacancies available to complete the teams.
- Working for Warwickshire County Council is incredibly rewarding. You will use your professional skills and experience to help the council find innovative ways to support staff, partners and citizens. The ideal candidates will be enthusiastic ICT professionals who continuously and proactively seek to improve outcomes through the provision of first class, value for money ICT services.
- The culture of Warwickshire County Council is fantastic, with an ambitious and creative vision, a meritocratic environment where all are encouraged to bring ideas to the table, and a central emphasis on work/life harmony from the Warwick head office.
- The organisation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
- This is a critical strategic role within a talented technology team that is helping drive profound ICT change across the organisation.
- You will be part of a team that is focused on streamlining ICT Services and improving ICT Solutions, and you will take responsibility for security consultation, through advising and guiding the business at the early stages of project development, and creating innovative solutions which address business needs, while minimising and managing security risks.
- As the ICT Security Architect, you will participate in the development and review of project proposals and business case submissions.
- You will contribute to the development of the Council's ISMS.
- You will design and commission solutions which assure alignment to the Council's Enterprise Architecture standards and ISMS.
- You will accurately communicate security and risk implications relating to ICT solutions or software to both technical and non-technical stakeholders, in addition to analysing varied and complex ICT solutions to ensure they meet the organisational goals.
- As the role will be part of a strategic function, you will participate in different technical forums as a security stakeholder, helping to provide information and advice to various areas of the organisation regarding strategy and architecture.
The Successful Applicant
- As the successful candidate for the ICT Security Architect position, you will hold a significant level of professional experience within the area of ICT Security: a breadth of experience across Networking, Server, Cloud and EUC technologies would be beneficial.
- You will be able to help create solutions which ensure that the council adheres to the relevant authentication and encryption standards and preserve the integrity, confidentiality and availability of data.
- This experience will be strategic and consultative, rather than strictly limited to hands-on technical, and you will possess the ability to shape ICT policies across an organisation through original ideas, such as contributing to the development of an ISMS.
- You will ideally have a good level of understanding and appreciation of cloud-based technologies, such as Azure and M365.
- Working in conjunction with an ICT Risk & Compliance Officer, you will have experience undertaking security risk assessments.
- The ability to build relationships across the organisation will be critical, and you will possess a high level of emotional intelligence, alongside outstanding influencing and interpersonal skills.
- This experience will be in situations where you have worked independently, and as part of a team, showing strong influencing skills across peers to drive strategic change in high demand and high-pressure environments, within an organisation undergoing an exciting level of technological change.
What's on Offer
- Starting Salary of £40,876 - £42,821.
- Local Government Pension Scheme.
- 27 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, rising to 30 days after 4 years' service.
- Employee Discount Scheme - All employees have access to discounts with major brands and retailers. You can save on everything from your weekly shop to your gym membership!
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Agile Working - Warwickshire County Council know how important it is to maintain a healthy work/life balance, particularly when you're juggling your work and personal life. They are not rigid in how or where you work and are flexible and know there are many ways to do a job well. They understand that people work differently so they ensure that you can work and grow in a way that suits you in balance with organisational need.
Quote job ref
+44 121 230 9416