Great brand and working enviroment.
Competitive market rate.
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest retailers in the UK.
Detailed job description
The key responsibilities of the Indirect Tax Manager are as follows:
- Prepare the consolidated main Group VAT return and European Sales Lists. This includes liaising with people within finance, accounting and other parts of the business as necessary
- Ensuring that UK & Ireland VAT reporting / payment requirements are met on a timely basis
- Identify process and system improvements, and driving process change within the business to enhance the quality of VAT / EC Sales reporting
- Carry out a rolling programme of VAT audits across the business.
- Strategic indirect tax management to minimize the cost of VAT to the group and optimizing cash flow
- Driving change in the VAT compliance function through maximizing the use of technology and centralizing the compliance process
- Complying with internal quarterly reporting requirements and internal controls
- Working collaboratively with Tax Authorities in relation to Indirect tax matters and dealing with enquiries and audits as they arise with support from the wider Tax team and external advisers
- Lead a team and Review processes to ensure indirect taxes are reported in an efficient manner, reducing the tax burden and compliance costs within the business
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the Indirect Tax Manager position you require:
- Educated to degree or equivalent level. CTA or equivalent with Big 4 experience and in-house Tax experience would be preferred.
- The preferred candidate will have both technical excellence in VAT and strong leadership behaviours. They will have achieved success through a career path within a global industry role.
- Attention to detail in respect of tax technical issues, with the ability to consider the wider commercial picture.
- Very good technical knowledge of UK Indirect tax, and an awareness of global indirect taxes.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and package.