Import & Export Co-ordinator
A leading freight & shipping business based in Doncaster!
Excellent potential to grow within freight & shipping...
About Our Client
My client is a market leader within the industry and helps shore up companies supply chains through their solutions. They are based in the wider Doncaster area and additionally have offices based across the United Kingdom. They specialise in providing world-wide transport solution where others fail.
As an Import & Export Co-ordinator you will be required to conduct the following duties:
- Prepare quotes, taking bookings and dealing with general customer enquiries in a professional and timely manner, in line with our company SLA's
- Source, plan and monitor consignments, assessing any risk to targeted deadlines, and providing alternative transport solutions as a contingency option
- Liaise with sub-contracted air/ road / sea freight suppliers in order to negotiate best possible rates
- Obtaining, checking and preparing documentation to meet customs and packing specifications, and compliance with other countries regulations and fiscal regimes
- Maintaining communication and control through all phases of the journey
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with current and new customers
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Import & Export Co-ordinator will be reporting into the Import & Export Manager and will ideally have the following skills and attributes:
- A strong background in air, road, or sea freight, ideally pan-European or Continental experience.
- Strong experience with multi-modal transport such as vans, 7.5 tons, artic vehicles.
- A knowledge of Dangerous Goods or IATA regulations.
- You also may be required to help cover the air freight desk, therefore a knowledge of airway bills would be helpful.
- Able to commute within the wider Doncaster area.
- Degree educated, ideally within Business Management or Logistics.
- Previous freight forwarding and shipping experience.
- Experience managing high-value account and communicating with numerous stakeholders.
- An ability to think outside the box and overcome challenges.
What's on Offer
- Up to 10% of earnings in personal bonus.