Import & Export Compliance Manager
One of the fastest growing online retail businesses in Manchester
An opportunity to drive for real change and transformation
About Our Client
Premium e-commerce retailer based in Manchester.
The Import & Export Compliance Manager will provide Customs expertise and guidance to deliver the sourcing plan and ensure the business is constantly compliant with all HMRC processes and any changes to legislation are implemented throughout the business.
You will also negotiate and manage the contracts, performance and relationships with 3rd party logistics providers and shipping freight partners
Lead and develop the Imports Team through effective coaching and development.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Import/Export declarations, liaising with forwarding agents
- Managing all aspects of stock control; codes, goods in, stock management, purchase orders
- Negotiate rates for container shipping, haulage and air freight to deliver best possible cost and service
- Maintenance of all AEO procedures, working with relevant teams
- Monitoring customs controls issues and maintenance of compliance records
- Monthly customs checks
- Identify customs risks and prevent and mitigate violations, implementing any corrective and preventative actions
- Keep business informed of any material changes in customs legislation
- Stock take management, financial year end audits
- Customs Tariff management
- Waste packaging data analysis
- Use of Advanced Excel for reporting purposes
- Maintaining and developing dynamic data driven spreadsheets
- Setting up EDI with customers, liaise with EDI providers
The Successful Applicant
- Experience of working in a global retail Logistics environment.
- Extensive experience of working with customs bonded warehousing (including bond systems), CFSP and deferment.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work in a structured manner, together with good time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - especially Excel (ideally intermediate to advanced level)
- Very strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and build relationships as necessary.
- A flexible approach and the ability to support key company projects as required.
What's on Offer
£35,000 - £40,000 + benefits