- Growing freight forwarder with links across the EU and USA.
- Experts in ocean & sea freight shipping need apply!
About Our Client
My client is a local, SME ocean & sea freight shipper with large ideals for expansion and growth. Due to the increase in volume of supply and on-boarding of new contracts, they are seeking a Import & Export Manager to join the business within the Newark office in Nottinghamshire. The business is fully multi-modal and both export & imports the vast majority of their clients goods from the US and Far East.
As a Import & Export Manager, you will actively report into the company Managing Director on a daily basis and harbour the following responsibilities:
- Active daily management of a small team of 4 freight shippers, whilst reporting into the Managing Director.
- Responsibility for providing all import and export based customs clearances (mainly from the US and Americas).
- Providing fully multi-modal freight pricing and quotations for a variety of customers across varied industries.
- Team management responsibilities such as RTW, 1-2-1's, personal development, appraisals, KPI monitoring.
- Providing support and active development of the current team, mainly around customs compliance requirements.
- A working knowledge and adaptation surrounding airway bills, seaway bills of laden, EUR1's and ATR1's.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be successful in an application for the Import & Export Manager position, you will ideal have the following experience and qualifications:
- 3+ year's experience within Freight and Shipping
- Ideally experience within a Freight Forwarder or an in-house Ocean/Sea Freight Shipper
- Commutable to the Newark area of Nottinghamshire.
- Experience managing Customs Compliance such as Import Entries, C88, EUR1's, MAWB, HAWB, Bills of Laden.
- A desire to manage a small team and grow within the business.
- Experience providing pricing and quotations to a variety of multi-modal freight customers.
What's on Offer
- Company car allowance & family healthcare
- Personal development plan to reach Senior Manager across the following 2 years.
- Discretionary bonus (Up to 20%)
- 8% pension contributions via the company.