Great chance to join a growing business
Leading E-com retailer within their sector
About Our Client
Ebuyer.com is one of the UK's leading online electrical retailers with four million registered customers and 250 employees. Founded in 1999, the company started off as the brainchild of a group of IT developers and PC retail experts, who wanted computer components to be more readily available and at lower prices. Ebuyer grew quickly from its humble beginnings to become the site for overclockers and PC enthusiasts.
Ebuyer.com has since moved into mainstream electricals, offering everything from TVs, laptops and tablet PCs to kettles and digital cameras, yet it remains a leading go-to site for computer components.
The company's distribution facility was purpose built in 2006 at its headquarters in Howden, East Yorkshire. The site houses a 280,000sq feet, state of the art warehouse, from where over 20,000 weekly orders are delivered to customers throughout the UK.
The key responsibilities of an Imports Manager are;
- Development of strategy (with key stakeholders) for own brand products, including consumer, business and re-seller planning.
- Conduct research to assess competition that exists in the market and determine which products are needed by Product Managers and customers (current and potential).
- Design a vision and pitches for new products that meet emergent needs, resolve issues and improve upon the success of prior products.
- Direct management of the import team, external sourcing company and audit companies to ensure required levels are met.
- Defining & managing the import range product listings on Ebuyer.com website in accordance with category and brand strategy.
- Ensure stock availability is maintained at 100% on all live import lines by managing lead times and re-order reporting
- Monitor and review current sourcing options and shipping companies on a regular basis and review for financial benefits
- Develop and manage range, promotion and exit pricing / plans for all import lines purchased.
- High level support for Customer Service and Business Sales on own brand lines
- Developing, planning & co-ordination of own brand marketing activity in conjunction with our marketing department
- Develop & maintain supplier relationships in addition to attending trade shows and factories around the World when required.
- Manage, grow, develop and implement our Quality Manual and ensure it is fully adhered to.
- Ensure all imported products adhere to current UK & EU legislation's (e.g EMC, LVD, RoHS, RED, WEEE)
The Successful Applicant
The essential skills of an Imports Manager are;
- High standard of planning, organisational and time management skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple stakeholders and team members to deliver on wide & varied simultaneous deadlines
- High standard of communication skills to enable effective liaising with other areas of the business including Marketing, Sales, Finance, Warehouse & Directors
- High standard of presentation skills in order to host & lead supplier meetings, including quarterly / annual reviews with the General Manager / Directors, and external senior management
- Ability to take ownership of tasks, problems and issues, and delegate where appropriate to ensure they are resolved to the benefit of the business
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of the market, competitive landscape to make well-informed decisions and enable contribution to the company buying strategy.
What's on Offer
- State of the art facilities
- On-site Gym
- On-site Canteen
- Great Career Progression
- Growing retailer