Information Technology Security Specialist
Exciting Global Projects
Competitve Salary + Out-of-Town Location
About Our Client
The client are a multinational professional services company headquartered in Leeds. They specialise in programme management, project management, cost management and consulting across the property, infrastructure, and natural resources sectors.
- The Information Technology Security Specialist will maintain and improve to a Cyber Essentials Plus security standard.
- Co-ordinate, measure, and report on the technical aspects of security management.
- Fully participate in internal governance activities relating to Information Security.
- Propose changes to existing policies and procedures to ensure operating efficiency and regulatory compliance.
- Identify security non-conformities - patching or re-configuring systems to resolve issues; and building and testing new security systems.
- Research and propose appropriate security solutions as deemed fit and beneficial.
- Design, co-ordinate, and manage security testing procedures to verify the security of systems, networks, and applications; and manage the remediation of identified risks.
- Consult with IT & security staff to ensure that security is factored into the evaluation, selection, installation, and configuration of hardware, applications, and software.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of threat and vulnerability management, identify risk tolerances, recommend treatment plans, and communicate information about residual risk.
- Manage security projects and provide expert guidance on security matters for other projects.
- Provide technical and managerial expertise for the administration of security tools.
- Ensure audit trails, system logs, and other monitoring data sources are reviewed periodically and are in compliance with policies and audit requirements.
The Successful Applicant
You could come from an infrastructure/technical background, or have established yourself within a security policies & and processes background. The successful candidate will be an established IT professional with a comprehensive and demonstrable history of successful delivery of information security projects.
Comfortable with a very fast pace of work - the Leeds team is responsible for information security compliance across a network of 104 offices worldwide, with 5000+ users - you will be a team-player with a can-do attitude looking for a career in a business with mutual investment of time and effort in development.
- Comprehensive experience including in-depth knowledge within a security analyst role supporting
global sites and regions.
- Excellent understanding of security testing principles, including experience of penetration testing,
identifying, resolving and reporting risks, Security Auditing, Forensics & Security architecture.
- Project ownership, from specification through solution selection, deployment and ongoing
- Experience of document creation, such as the creation of reports or procedures or technical
- Ability to engage with projects and provide information security awareness and to raise compliance
requirements across the business including within projects and operational teams.
- Experience of carrying out risk reviews, technology audits or other similar work.
- Technical security experience with the following - Microsoft core OS; Networking (WAN, LAN & Wifi);
- A good understanding of normal network infrastructure such as VPNs, firewalls, switches, routers,
- Experience within information security risk and compliance function.
- An understanding of enterprise information security and in depth knowledge of standards including
Cyber Essentials, ISO 27001, 27002 etc. Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection
- Technical expertise of Cisco security products, specifically ASA firewalls, AnyConnect, VPN and
Core Behavioural Skills:
- Confident individual with the good interpersonal skills, able to deal with people at all levels and
communicate to users in a clear, non-technical language.
- Analytically minded, able to break down and understand information.
Must be comfortable with working in a fast-moving, dynamic environment.
- Strongly customer-focused, used to providing support to demanding users.
- Good organisational skills, used to managing and prioritising own workload.
- Ability to report on progress, timescales, outstanding and completed activities.
What's on Offer
This is a great opportunity for an Information Technology Security Specialist to join a global company based in Leeds, working on high-profile projects across the globe. You will join at the initial stages of a new dedicated information security team, and will be encouraged to dive straight into - and take ownership of - enterprise-wide projects which match your skills and specialisms.
There is a wage package available for the right candidate, and plenty of opportunity for career and skills development. The organisation is keen to invest in its staff, who maintain a professional hard-working atmosphere but also an active social calendar.