Infrastructure Analyst / 2nd/3rd Line / Liverpool
£30,000 - £35,000
Work for an excting company that changes lives.
Get exposure to the latest technology.
About Our Client
Housing association based in Liverpool.
Role and responsibilities.
- Provide responsive and professional second line and third line support for the resolution of incidents from Service Desk to SLAs, using third-parties where required, and adhering to all agreed standards.
- Satisfy infrastructure service requests to customer satisfaction and in line with SLAs.
- Use technical knowledge and technical expertise to provide infrastructure input to service plans, and support any planned annual disaster recovery tests for Tier 1 services, updating the library of infrastructure specifications and procedures including server specifications and server failover procedures.
- Where allocated, undertake server performance monitoring and capacity management, adhering to all agreed standards and schedules and proactively highlight and resolve issues arising and to manage and escalate any areas of risk arising.
- Schedule, undertake and report on all agreed routine maintenance activities.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of IT processes and procedures.
- Maintain relevant asset registers and configuration management records and processes, following best practice approaches
- Maintain knowledge of industry standards to recommend optimal IT services, solutions and processes to the IT team.
- Aware of the need to add value to support economic, sustainable growth for the organisation.
- Respond flexibly to any necessary changes in work priorities and undertake other duties when required to support the effective operation of the service.
- Ensure that all information security requirements, including data protection, are met in accordance with the Group's policy, procedures and statutory requirements.
- Ensure that health and safety requirements are met in accordance with the Group's policy, procedures and statutory requirements.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience of providing infrastructure support services in an internal IT department.
- Broad exposure to supporting at least 3 of the following:
- Server operating systems, storage, clustering, virtualisation
- Network / communications technologies (WAN/LAN, data and voice, call centre, wireless,
- Operating Systems, Microsoft Active Directory Services, Middleware, Exchange messaging.
- Data Centres and related environments including power supplies, UPS, air
- conditioning/cooling, cabling,
- Mobile devices (smart phones, tablets), desktop & thin client and security
- Customer focused with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure.
- Results driven.
- Excellent team player who can work flexibly to meet business requirements.
What's on Offer
Competitive rate of pay and benefits on offer.