- Infrastructure Architect needed to join charitable organisation.
- You will work to develop an integrated view of the IT architecture.
About Our Client
Leading charity that supports other charities and their donors.
As the Infrastructure Architect/ Infrastructure Engineer, hybrid (London or Kent), you will:
- Design and lead the development and implementation of an Infrastructure architecture roadmap based on business requirements and IT strategies, as well as to rectifying gaps and pain points within the current state.
- Assist in the development of the CAF Enterprise Architecture
- Develop and support the CAF architecture principles, guidelines, standards and technology compliance in relevant areas.
- Communication of the Infrastructure Architecture to stakeholders
- Assist with designing the governance activities associated with ensuring that the IT Infrastructure architecture is not compromised through change.
- Oversee and facilitate the evaluation and selection of Infrastructure components, software technologies and product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations.
- Support Infrastructure Technology evaluation and proof of concept projects.
- Provide consultancy on application or infrastructure development projects to identify the impact or changes required to the infrastructure architecture to accommodate project needs.
- Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures and culture) and financial impact of IT Infrastructure architecture.
- Develop and maintain product life-cycle information on all IT infrastructure items, ensuring that upgrades / replacements are planned to reduce the impact of service failures / customer dissatisfaction.
- Responsible for the development of end-to-end outline infrastructure solution design across the project lifecycle.
- Provide clear, continuous and consistent infrastructure architecture leadership within projects.
- Enumerate, analyze, catalog, and suggest improvements to the strategic, core and support processes of the business units, as needed, to support strategic and operational goals.
- To illustrate the alignment (or lack thereof) between strategic goals and key business decisions regarding products and services; partners and suppliers; organization; capabilities; and key business and IT initiatives.
- To understand the business objectives of CAF and CAF Bank and the wider user community concerned in order to recommend cost-effective and workable solutions.
- To present solutions through clear and concise written proposals, presentations or facilitated sessions helping to explain complex concepts and problems.
- To provide knowledgeable, accessible and professional quality consultancy both within IT and to business domain users, third parties and the board.
- To work within a fast-paced technical environment, supporting multiple project delivery teams and proactively managing a pipeline of work that feeds these teams.
- To promote the use of appropriate emerging technologies within CAF.
- Report on trends within Infrastructure technologies to stakeholders
The Successful Applicant
The Infrastructure Architect/ Engineer - Remote/ London/ Kent, will have:
- Well rounded Infrastructure experience, either as an engineer or architect.
- Experience working on Infrastructure projects, skilled in technical analysis, design and solution architectures.
- Experience mentoring junior members of the team.
- Experienced dealing with complex problems.
- Experienced with both cloud and on-premise infrastructure design and implementation.
- Degree or equivalent education.
- TOGAF foundation or similar advantageous.
What's on Offer
The Infrastructure Architect/ Engineer - Remote/ London/ Kent, will receive:
- Competitive base salary up to £65,000
- Excellent benefits
- Hybrid working (1 day a week in)
- Reward career in Not for Profit and Charities