Infrastructure Engineer - Windows 10, Windows Server, O365, VMWare
Infrastructure Engineer - 2nd/3rd Line Support
About Our Client
My client is a brilliant Pharmaceuticals business based in South Wales, they are growing their support function following an increase in BAU support demand from end users and project work.
- There will be a good mixture of support and projects to keep you engaged.
- The successful applicant will have strong 2nd/3rd Line technical skills as well as the ambition to progress into a 3rd Line role in the future.
- Undertake Infrastructure IT Service Delivery in a particular region(s)
- Build effective relationships with colleagues and the business to ensure effective IT service delivery.
- Analyse and propose methods of improving service delivery in local regions
- Actively participate in projects as required by IT Management
- Setup, deployment, update and maintenance of client Windows based systems.
- Create and maintain IT related documentation for all systems.
- Managing and maintaining virtualized environments
- Monitoring, support, and maintenance of core servers and services.
- Network infrastructure (both on site and inter site - e.g. VPN, Firewall and Routers)
The Successful Applicant
- Previous experience in both end-user and infrastructure IT support activities essential
- Solid understanding and experience of supporting workstation environments
- Good understanding of Microsoft server platforms (including Active Directory)
- Good understanding of Microsoft Exchange
- Good understanding of networking (LAN/WANs, DNS, DHCP and TCP/IP)
- Experience of managing and supporting cloud based solutions
- Experience of supporting mobile devices and relevant OS' (Windows, Apple, Android)
What's on Offer
£33,000-£36,000 + additional benefits