- Infrastructure Engineer - Liverpool
- Join a successful company in as a vital part of their IT function
About Our Client
Michael Page are delighted to be partnering with a Highly successful business based in Liverpool.
- Work with the project team to develop low level planning documents for the successful delivery of change, based on approved designs.
- Become the technical expert for infrastructure platforms and technologies
- Contribute to the ongoing development of existing and creation of new systems and process documentation working to agreed structures
- Actively work to recognise and mitigate risk for both existing and new technologies for the department
- Provide technical leadership where required in dealing with BAU escalated incidents and problems to establish root cause, issue workarounds and resolutions using Change Control where appropriate
- Carry out monitoring and environment planning activities for existing platforms
- Proactive in making recommendations for continual service improvement through adoption of new technologies
- Focus on the Asset Lifecycle of Group IT devices to allow accurate capacity planning, perform backoffice system maintenance, development of the Groups Monitoring platform, resiliency testing, DR Testing and compliance of systems
- Lead by example to ensure high standards of professionalism in all aspects of delivering IT services to the business. This must include a sound work ethic, good timekeeping and a proactive attitude at all times.
- Diligent in performing routine maintenance tasks with the remit to address security vulnerabilities and critical version upgrades.
- Provide out of hours' assistance in critical situations and take part in on-call activities where required.
The Successful Applicant
Key Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a fast moving IT department at a senior technical level.
- Must have worked in a similar capacity within a multi-site medium to large scale enterprise
- A deep and demonstrable understanding of Microsoft products and platforms as well as networkfundamentalsandVirtualisation including:-
- Virtualisation including Hyper-V and VMware
- Administration and deployment of SAN technology
- Administration and migration of Cloud Technologies including Azure and 365
- SQL Administration
- Datacentre Hardware design, implementation and administration.
- HP and Cisco Networking
- Backup Technologies and Disaster Recovery
- IP Telephony & UC
- Experience managing and configuring Citrix XenApp and AppSense Infrastructure
- Application Virtualisation
- Experience delivering projects to deadlines and managing third party involvement efficiently
- Experience in Project Delivery and solid understanding of project management
- Basic understanding of ITIL principles and how they benefit the smooth running of IT operations
What's on Offer
Salary £48,00 - £52,000