Fantastic opportunity to join a true market-leader within food manufacturing
Opportunity for an experienced food/ingredients Buyer, based in Nottinghamshire
About Our Client
My client are a leading food manufacturer and have a number of sites UK wide Inc. nr Worksop. They predominantly specialise within chilled food manufacturing and supply grocery and other retailers including all of the major UK supermarkets.
As the Ingredients Buyer based in North Nottinghamshire, you will be part of the central Procurement team and have the following responsibilities:
- Creating, developing and implementing the site purchasing strategy for ingredients and packaging
- Contribute ideas and information to support the implementation of a sourcing strategy, ensuring that current business performance targets are achieved and ensure the site is aligned to the overall strategy
- Provide data and insight to support all sourcing activity for the site, to ensure that the total cost of the portfolio is managed efficiently and effectively
- Developing key internal relationships with stakeholders (Supply Chain, NPD, Sustainability & Quality, Distribution and Operations)
- Timely adherence to purchasing and sourcing policy and practice to ensure that activities are aligned and focused on common goals
- Establish and monitor information sources/data and forecast prices, to ensure accurate business forecasting and support of commercial teams
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Ingredients Buyer role based in the North Nottinghamshire area will be of degree calibre and proficient in Microsoft office suite, alongside strong numerical skills.
Previous experience working in a food manufacturing environment is essential!
What's on Offer
The successful candidate for this exciting Ingredients Buyer role will be offered a competitive salary, car allowance, bonus and 8% matched pension.
Flexible working c. 3 days on-site (currently 5 days p/w WFH due to COVID restrictions)