- Brand new Sourcing Manager role with an FMCG manufacturer
- South Derbyshire based client - 50/50 hybrid working!
About Our Client
My Staffordshire based client's heritage can be traced back for over 100 years. They have a long-established presence as a producer of health supplements, which cemented their position as the UK's leading nutritional supplement manufacturer.
Over the course of the last 7 years, they have invested significantly in their multi-site facilities, people and infrastructure to underpin their capacity for future growth.
- Spend analysis of assigned ingredient categories to identify sourcing and/or negotiation opportunities and to deliver supplier segmentation classification
- Develop and deliver the annual strategic sourcing plan, and benefits initiatives, Inc. required stakeholder management
- New source or annual negotiation planning and sign off according to requirements of supplier segmentation and delegated authorities
- Represent ingredients function in relevant meetings with a focus on achieving integrated supply chain (direct spend) at lowest total cost/whole life costing outcomes
- Undertake and keep abreast of market research for assigned categories, demonstrating capacity and cost driver understanding for key materials and suppliers/industries
- Supplier management including forecasting provision for capacity and supply assurance, and placing orders/demand schedules for scheduling needs as required.
- Deliver and support supplier performance data capture, for assigned categories to deliver scorecards and continuous improvement
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for this Ingredients Sourcing Manager opportunity will have strong purchasing and sourcing experience within a food manufacturing environment.
The emphasis is on strategy rather than tactical purchasing e.g. contracts, commercials, supplier management and sourcing. The responsibility for day-to-day purchasing sits elsewhere within the team and utilises a newly integrated ERP system.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate for this Ingredients Sourcing Manager role will be offered hybrid working, alongside a competitive salary c. £40,000 - £52,000 plus benefits.