- Great opportunity to work closely with a business have a broad responsibility
- Brilliant work life balance - Working from home
About Our Client
Our client is an exceptional business, with a fantastic culture. They offer unrivalled flexibility with this role having the potential of home working. You will be working very closely with the finance team and advising the wider business on tax related issues.
The key responsibilities of this (Inhouse) Tax Manager role based in Bristol are:
- Ensuring that the external compliance tax reporting and associated reconciliations are undertaken accurately
- Ensuring that the quarterly Corporation Tax financial reporting calculation processes, reconciliations are performed
- Drafting Corporation Tax annual statutory reporting disclosures for all companies in the Group
- Identifying, recording, measuring and reporting specific Tax Risk issues as and when they arise, identifying mitigation's and implementing on a risk-prioritised basis;
- Providing technical tax support to different areas of the business
- Monitoring and reviewing strategies, policies and processes relating to the role with a view to managing implementation of improvements to increase efficiency where possible;
- Building strong relationships with all relevant internal and external stakeholders, including Finance, Risk & Compliance, HR, Group Tax and auditors
- Managing HMRC relationships and any associated voluntary submissions or enquiries;
- Developing risk awareness throughout the business to reduce Compliance Risk;
- Maintaining an appropriate tax transfer pricing policy;
- Identifying and managing an appropriate response to applicable tax developments, influencing the business accordingly and ensuring the UK Group is fully compliant;
- Helping to build appropriate awareness, capabilities and sense of ownership with colleagues across the business impacted by tax considerations;
- Managing UK Group tax risks and Senior Accounting Officer's tax certification process; and
- Maintaining robust controls and governance for all tax processes.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this (Inhouse) Tax Manager role you will have:
- Corporate tax experience and possess a professional qualification (ACA,ACCA,CTA)
- Be able to demonstrate enthusiasm, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, problem solver.
- Strong excel ability.
- Initiative to improve processes and find efficiencies.
What's on Offer
Base Salary ranging between £60,000 and £80,000
26 days holiday with the option to buy up to a further 5 days
Company pension scheme with the option to increase contributions
Group Income Protection for all employees
Group Legal Protection for all employees
A choice of either European Motor Assistance or Home Emergency Assistance
Salary sacrifice benefits including Cycle scheme and season ticket loans
A comprehensive well being programme including a range of free weekly exercise classes (dependent on your office location) and free eye tests
Access to our employee discounts hub offering exclusive discounts across thousands of retail partners, including discounted gym memberships
The option to join our Sports and Social club which organises discounted events such as theatre visits, wine tasting and shopping trips