Working in Insolvency and want to move into Industry?
About Our Client
One Great Company. Two Iconic Brands
Jaguar Land Rover is the UK's largest investor in automotive research, development and engineering. They are also the best people using world class processes to create innovative British craftsmanship and engineering excellence. And they excite, enthuse and inspire customers around the world.
The Supplier Risk team is a function within Purchasing Transformation & Operations (PT&O) tasked with monitoring the financial and operational stability of suppliers to JLR. In Global purchasing, you will be part of the Control tower, and be a member of an advisory arm providing specialist insolvency and risk support and guidance to the Global Purchasing teams.
The role of Insolvency lead within Global Purchasing is a high-profile specialist role which requires stakeholder engagement, often at Senior levels within JLR and the external supply base. It requires a high level of interaction internally (at all levels), as well as continual flow of high level of communication with external parties.
The individual will have experience of working with Insolvency Practitioners "IP" and understand the mechanics and requirements of the various insolvency processes. The objective is to ensure that there is a smooth transition to working with the IP in an insolvency process, minimising any disruption to parts supplied.
The role is strategic and starts at the sourcing stage and continues through to end of life within Global Purchasing. The key objective is to minimise the risk of parts supply being disrupted by insolvency or other credit risks at first tier, second tier and below.
You will need to be able to undertake financial analysis of statutory accounts, management information, short term cash flow forecasts and longer term integrated forecast models. You will help develop options base on the financial analysis, develop strategies to solve complex financial situations.
Pro-active business partnering ensures Global Purchasing considers the appropriate actions required to mitigate the risk of disruption to the production line, and in the event of a supplier administration, technical advice is provided for whichever location that supplier is in.
The Successful Applicant
- Insolvency experience (working on insolvency procedures within practice). how to trade an Administration is key and you will be required to do financial reviews (IBRs).
- Accounting experience (qualified ideally)
- Strong financial analytical skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Good business partnering and communication skills, and the ability to present clearly and confidently to Senior Management and cross-functional groups
- Strong written skills and report writing
- Continuous improvement mind-set
- Advanced Excel and good access skills
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship management skill
- Effective cross-functional team working experience.
- Ability to be highly organised and continually focus on attention to detail
- Competent user of MS Office: Word, PowerPoint and particularly Excel
What's on Offer
Fantastic opportunity to progress and develop your skills within this growing team. Opportunity to look at future market trends and be reactive as well as proactive.
If you are interested in finding out more about this exclusive role, please contact Lucy Williams on 07786 397 507.