Insurance Financial Accounting Advisory Services Seniors
Big 4 accounting firm in London
Help clients implement changes to regulatory and financial reporting
About Our Client
This Big 4 firm's Financial Accounting Advisory Services team specialises in helping clients implement changes to regulatory and financial reporting. The areas they work in include Solvency II reporting, IFRS conversion support, implementation of new IFRS, UK GAAP and US GAAP accounting standards, accounting control or process support and assistance with public offerings.
The firm is the market leader in advising financial services clients, evidenced by the large number of accounting and regulatory change and conversion engagements they are working on.
We are interested in hearing from strong financial accountants who are looking to move out of industry to practice, or from audit into advisory services.
These opportunities will allow you to have the chance to apply your financial accounting and regulatory knowledge in the advisory space, work on a variety of projects and offer you flexibility and excellent career progression opportunities.
What you will do:
- Conduct analyses on accounting and regulatory policies applied in financial statements and other regulatory reporting.
- Research on technical accounting and regulatory issues and the production of briefing papers for clients and our own staff.
- Work with the financial and regulatory reporting teams at our clients to help deliver financial information and to improve reporting processes
- Assist in providing technical advice to ad-hoc accounting and regulatory queries from clients and internal staff in other service lines and across EMEIA.
- Work with our clients implementing new or revised accounting standards such as IFRS 17 and IFRS 16, GAAP conversions and regulatory change such as Solvency II.
The Successful Applicant
- Accountancy qualification
- Experience of working with IFRS, UK GAAP, US GAAP or Solvency II in the Insurance industry
- Good understanding of Insurance accounting and regulatory reporting and best practices
- Knowledgeable of accounting and regulatory change within the insurance industry (e.g. Solvency II, IFRS17 Insurance Contracts)
- Knowledge of finance or regulatory processes applicable to insurers
- Assertive and proactive approach to the delivery/implementation of projects
- Ability to utilise research effectively and explain complex subjects in a clear manner
- Analytical capability, attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills: written and presentation.
What's on Offer
Excellent salary and career progression available.