Based in North Somerset
This is a potential temp to perm opportunity
About Our Client
My client are a well known business in the South West and have an excellent market reputation. This opportunity has arisen due to acquisitional activity and a subsequent restructure.
The main responsibilities within this role are:
- Posting accruals, prepayments and deferred revenue journals.
- Reconciling transactions to linked ERP and reporting tools.
- Closing the P&L to a tight timetable.
- Variance analysis on month-end numbers.
- Completing and reviewing Balance Sheet Reconciliations and identify any risks.
- Reviewing AR and Cashbook postings.
- Audit liaison and interim and year-end audit deliverables.
- Engaging with the business and operational teams, to ensure robustness of the ledger and record to report function.
- Supporting the commercial finance team during the annual planning process.
- Delivering appropriate reporting/analysis to the business as required.
- Reviewing the work of an Assistant Accountant
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- A recognised accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Strong Excel skills (including macros, vlookups. pivot tables)
- Strong analytical and numerical ability
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Prior experience of closing month end to a tight timetable
What's on Offer
A quick start is available for the successful candidate and a very competitive salary. Please note that there is an expectation for a mix of office and home based working for this role.