- 6 month interim opportunity
- Leading Yorkshire based housing provider
About Our Client
My client is one of the largest and leading social housing providers in the Yorkshire region.
Interim Building Surveyor - Property and Housing
The successful candidate will be required to deliver a high quality, customer focused surveying/inspection service of planned, capital and cyclical work programmes to all properties and ensure responsive repairs and void works at properties are completed to a high standard and within dedicated budget.
Some key day to day duties for this role include:
- Carry out inspections, stock condition surveys and annual surveys associated with individual projects, responsive repairs, defects, cyclical projects, asbestos etc.
- Complete post inspections of work and actively resolve complaints and queries from residents, leaseholders, colleagues and external customers relating to repairs, services and planned work.
- Gather technical assistance and information in connection with disrepair claims.
- Manage, from inception to completion, complex refurbishment and decent homes programmes including initial consultations, monitoring on site, agreeing final accounts and rectifying defects.
- Work with the development team to support the delivery of new properties, including the end of defect period inspections.
- Ensure a robust and proactive approach to management of risk and health and safety, in line with procedure and ensure highest standards of H&S are maintained on site and CDM Regulations are complied with.
The Successful Applicant
Interim Building Surveyor
The successful candidate must have:
- Qualified at HND/HNC or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- Experience in a similar role and an understanding of social housing.
- Ability to plan, lead and support projects.
- Current knowledge of building construction and products relevant to properties and schemes and willing to attend training courses as appropriate to maintain knowledge up to date.
What's on Offer
- Remote working with some travel to site
- 6 Month interim role