- Supporting the board to motivate, lead and drive a changing organisation.
- Work to implement significant strategic changes for the organisation.
About Our Client
An established small charity based in Oxford.
Key accountabilities will fall under 4 target areas:
Collaborate with the senior leadership team to translate the strategic direction into short and long-term plans with clear responsibilities and deliverables.
Develop and nurture external partner relationships for the benefit of the Charity.
Partner with the board and SMT to achieve synergy and collaboration throughout.
Develop in partnership with the Board and senior leadership team the Charity purpose, vision, values and behaviours and in doing so, set the cultural direction for the Charity.
Ensure all employees understand the culture of the Charity and adopt it in the way they work/operate.
Foster a working environment that recruits, develops, motivates, trusts and retains high performing employees.
Encourage collaboration across all levels.
Drive a continuous learning and development agenda across the organisation.
Be accountable for the overall performance and potential strategic financial objectives for the Charity.
Work with the Head of Finance and Board to monitor and meet the overall budget for the Charity.
Work with the Head of Finance to ensure that financial performance is appropriately monitored, managed and reported.
Drive a continuous improvement agenda around support function costs, process and procedure.
Ensure all legal and regulatory requirements are in place and effectively monitored and reviewed.
Take overall responsibility for Health & Safety and Safeguarding.
Ensure appropriate standards, controls, systems and procedures are in place and updated accordingly.
Play an active role in the selection and development of all SMT as well as development of robust internal controls / process.
Determine the frequency, protocols and requirements for Board and senior leadership meetings.
Overall leadership of external based activity.
Representation of the Charity at Board and external partners.
Assess the principal risks of the Charity and ensure they are managed and monitored.
Ensure that the Charity maintains high standards of wellbeing, personal development and engagement.
The Successful Applicant
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record of delivery in a Board level capacity, with Charity experience. With this will come a natural ability to lead, develop and unify senior teams.
- A good understanding of and network within, the social housing/property/real estate sector will be advantageous.
- Change management experience is essential as the Charity looks to action new key strategic objectives. A demonstrative track record of supporting process, procedure and controls during change would also be necessary.
- Proven ability to think about operational issues strategically and to lead on policy discussions and decisions; ability to understand the information needs of others; ability to communicate complex information in an understandable way, both orally and in writing, to a diverse range of audiences.
- The successful applicant will be a good listener with sound judgement and a considered approach. The Charity needs an individual who will take the time to listen and to learn, and then to lead with assurance.
- Ability to set and meet objectives and standards on own initiative; committed to continuous self-development.
- Flexible, co-operative, helpful; respectful of ideas and expertise of others; appreciative of own strengths and weaknesses.
- Ability to consider various perspectives and the overall picture to evaluate operational, financial and business risk; ability to develop and implement plans successfully.
- Tact and discretion when dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent time management skills with strong IT literacy.
What's on Offer