Interim Commercial Manager
Initial 6 month contract working for a leading engineering consultancy
Looking for a commercial manager with exposure to bids/tenders within services
About Our Client
My client is leading engineering consulting firm with strong links to the maritime and defence sector. They help clients within these sector achieve there goals and develop technology and process for the future.
The role of the Interim Commercial Manager will be to
- Provide commercial support and guidance to bidding, contractual and other commercial matters.
- Managing on going contact processes as well as negotiate with key clients and stakeholder to reach mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Managing key commercial processes with clients from a mix of private and public sector clients.
- Supporting and working closely with other teams including business development, finance and procurement.
- Being a key member of the wider Commercial Team and acting as the local ambassador for the Commercial Team.
- Seek support from the wider Commercial Team for larger or complex projects.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Interim Commercial Manager will have the following background and skills
- Background and success in commercial management from a consulting services background.
- Understanding and exposure to delivering professional service to clients
- Bids, tenders and negotiation experience
- Ability to develop internal stakeholder relationships quickly
- Background in engineering or maritime sector would be a bonus but not essential
- Exposure to public sector (MoD) would also be a big positive
What's on Offer
The successful Interim Commercial Manager will receive
- Circa £60,000 salary
- Private health care and other benefits
- 25 days holiday
- Home and flexible working encouraged