Interim Commercial Property Solicitor
Rare In-House commercial property legal role
Global organisation working with a well established legal team
About Our Client
A global organisation. This role will report into the General Counsel and be a member of the Senior Leadership team. the legal team work in partnership with many departments covering a variety of legal areas such as contracts, leases, employment, acquisitions, risk mitigation, legal dispute resolution, litigation and general legal advice.
- Manage all legal aspect of our commercial property portfolio and ensure required information to support other business functions is communicated in an effective and timely manner.
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts, leases, license for alteration, deed of variations and all other documentation required for managing its commercial property and contract portfolio, including Land Registry registration and calculation of Stamp Duty Land Tax.
- Structure commercial transactions to be most advantageous from a legal and business perspective.
- Develop and implement risk mitigation strategies for commercial property portfolio.
- Counsel, advise, and consult company stakeholders.
- Promote, support and implement the Legal Department's mission, initiatives and goals/objectives.
The Successful Applicant
- UK qualified solicitor with minimum 8 years' PQE, with an in date practising certificate.
- Proven track record as a commercial property solicitor
- Must have worked in a a reputable private practice or in-house previously.
- An in-depth understanding of commercial contract and property law.
- Ability to lead a developing legal function effectively in a fast moving business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to translate complex legal concepts to non-legal audience.
- Capability to understand business' general risk tolerance and apply it when performing legal role.
- Supervise junior legal staff as assigned.
- Strong experience in project management.
- This role will suit someone that is comfortable working in a fast paced environment and can hit the ground running and whom is able to deal with various business challenges efficiently and professionally. It is equally important that this person is proactive, solutions driven and a team player.
What's on Offer
Excellent remuneration, joining a growing business and fantastic team.
This role is remote working with the occasional need to visit the East Midlands HQ