Interim Cost Accountant
This is a 6 month fixed term contract
Based in the Gloucestershire area
About Our Client
My client are in the manufacturing space and have a great reputation in the market.
The main responsibilities within this role are:
- Drive the timely preparation of a robust bill of materials in SAP (Understanding and documenting the process from end to end).
- Review standard labour cost and overhead recovery rates on a monthly basis.
- Ensure latest commodity prices (are reflected in costing models used to quote work)
- Develop reporting to enable sales and production to understand the mix of work on blended margins.
- Develop the data capture for actual process times
- Develop a process to capture and report on warranty costs and non-conformances.
- Oversee monthly reconciliation of debtors and creditors (including supplier statement reconciliations and the measurement of stretched creditors)
- Oversee the cashflow forecasting and weekly reporting to group (ensure forecast performance is linked to cash collection and also Explain variances from the previous iteration)
- Oversee and support purchase ledger / Sales ledger teams (e.g. Inverse balances, late payments, Proformas)
- Oversee preparation of Bank reconciliation.
- Responsible for Accruals and prepayments.
- Responsible for posting depreciation and reconcile fixed asset register.
- Responsible for reconciling payroll control accounts.
- Responsible for reconciling VAT control accounts.
- Review and report on overhead spend in the period, with a focus on cost control.
- Assist in preparing management accounts pack and board presentation.
- To drive and own the stock take process.
- Review and analyse finished goods stock
- To work with purchasing and stores to implement cyclical count reporting.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- A recognised accountancy qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Strong Excel skills (vlookups, pivot tables, sumifs)
- Prior experience of using SAP
- Ideally experience of working in a manufacturing environment
What's on Offer
A competitive salary is on offer for this role. Please note that for the right candidate this could develop into a permanent opportunity