- Based in Cornwall
- This is a 12 month fixed term contract
About Our Client
My client are a major multinational who specialise in the production and processing of industrial materials
The main responsibilities within this role are:
● Financial support & reporting for a number of different functional areas within the business as well as analysis, understanding and challenging monthly results with managers.
● Preparation of reports/analyses to enable Senior Managers to control their costs. Analysis to include both historical reporting against prior year and versus forecast and variance analyses/reconciliations, together with future performance/trending by way of forecasting and longer term planning.
● Calculate and update standard costs / actual unit costs in ERP for inventory valuation
● Report and perform plant production and inventory monthly tracking (analysis and reconciliation)
● Oversee accounting ledgers and correct cost centres / accounts
● Determine and monitor accruals to be booked in ERP and communicate to Shared Service Centre.
● Produce and review Monthly Mine and Plant / Site cost reports with mine / site manager (and Hub Controllers if needed).
● Provide financial data and analysis (standard costs, production costs, consumptions and efficiencies,
etc) and ad hoc financial information, quantity produced when required
● Provide support to Hub Industrial Controllers with the budget and forecast process, as well as ad-hoc analysis and information (Capex projects, savings, I-Cube etc).
● Perform accounting and controlling activities, including journal postings, allocations, reconciliations & analysis
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- A recognised accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Prior experience of working as a cost accountant/cost analyst or similar
- An understanding of industrial processes and costing principals
- Good communication skills and ability to multi task
- Strong IT skills, especially Excel
- A full driving licence and access to own car
What's on Offer
This is a competitive salary and there will be the ability to work remotely after the initial handover period onsite.