Interim Counsel - contractor - 6 month contract
Excellent company, worldwide brand, interesting workload with experienced team.
Good day rate, good duration contract.
About Our Client
Our client are extremely well known in their industry and a recognised global brand. Their European HQ is based in Bracknell and has a thriving, buzzing and innovative culture.
Provide expert and pragmatic legal advice on a timely basis to support the Group and its subsidiaries on commercial issues.
Key areas in which regular legal advice may be needed include:
- drafting, negotiating and advising on all types of commercial contract across the EU including e.g. agreements regarding supply of goods/services, IT projects, confidentiality, marketing, agency, consultancy, sponsorship, outsourcing, franchising, logistics, manufacturing, etc.
- consumer protection law;
- marketing and advertising law; and
- compliance matters, including data protection, competition, health and safety and environmental law, regulated financial activities, anti-bribery and modern slavery.
- Support with legal and compliance policy development and reviews.
- Assist with compliance and other legal training initiatives and programmes.
- Proactively identify risk areas and work with the business to develop risk mitigation solutions.
- Manage the work of external legal counsel on a Pan-EU basis, where appropriate.
- Assist with corporate governance matters such as a yearly assessment of risk, ethics and compliance, as well as monitoring progress in these areas.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified solicitor in England and Wales.
- 5 years+ PQE.
- In-house exposure is essential to this role. Experience in the manufacturing sector would be an advantage.
- A sound understanding of all aspects of commercial law and compliance and an ability to apply that knowledge pragmatically in a business environment.
- Experience of working on/managing matters with a cross border and foreign jurisdiction element and managing external legal counsel.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, priorities and tight deadlines, with demonstrated organisation and execution skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to appreciate diverse cultures and systems and adapt accordingly.
What's on Offer
Excellent day rate
Good duration contract
IMPORTANT: Whilst our client is sensitive to the government guidelines associated with COVID-19 and doing everything they can to ensure the safety of their workers and customers, the candidates applying are expected to be able and comfortable with going into the office 2-3 days a week. This may rise throughout the duration of the contract depending on the situation we find ourselves in but it is important that anyone applying should be happy to go into the office 5 days a week if the need arised.